Questions & Answers with Aimee Claire
Questions & Answers
- Age / Sex / Location? 25, Female, Busselton, Western Australia
- How would you describe your photography style? honest and natural
- Favorite city in the world? Melbourne
- Where's your favorite place in your neighborhood to get a good meal? The Pour House, Dunsborough, Muster, Margaret River or The Laundry, Busselton
- Are you working on any special projects aside from weddings? I like to photograph people’s homes and the things they keep inside then. I have a little project called ‘into my window’ where I document people’s homes and try to find out what makes their house a home. You can find it at www.aimeeclaire.com.au/intomywindow
- What first got you interested in photographing weddings? One day I got a phone call from Samm asking if I’d like to assist her at a wedding. I guess from then on what attracted me the most to weddings was being able to step into people’s lives for a day and document what I saw. People’s interactions and reactions can be the most beautiful thing to photograph because it’s like peeking into the doorway of a person’s most vulnerable parts.
- What would you love to photograph before you depart earth? My children
- If you had to quit photography, what would your next profession be? My current other profession is as a high school English and Drama teacher and I’ve also done a degree in social psychology. So if I wasn’t’ doing photography, I guess I would be teaching in some capacity, or I’d be a school counsellor.
- What country do you want to explore next? I would love to go to South America.
- What is your top 5 song play list? I'm awful withs song names, so anything by Haim, Bon Iver, Feist, Fleet Foxes and Tallest Man on Earth
- Favorite phone app? Instagram!
- If there was a movie produced about your life, who would play you, and why A blonde Zoey Deschanel, because she’s cute and has awesome bangs.
- Perfect pizza toppings? Pineapple
- If you had 10 friends come to your house for dinner, what would you prepare? Lots of shared plates of fresh, wholesome food from my local market - sour dough baguettes, goats cheese, stuffed mushrooms, strawberries, asparagus, some sweet potato and pumpkin soup and probably a big lemon meringue pie to finish it off - kind of like a big picnic really.
- What was the last movie you saw in the theatre? It’s been so long I can’t remember!
- Sweet or Salty? Sweet
- PC or Mac? Mac
To check out more of Aimee's work, please visit :